Monday, October 6, 2008

Yummy Pancakes, Call Me for The Recipe!

This morning Brett decided to make pancake for the kids. When he was finished making them I buttered them up and poured syrup all over them for the kids. Boy did they look and smell so good. I even cut them up into little bite size pieces, because that's what a fabulous mom does, right? After they had all taken a few bites, Brighton said, "mom there are ants on my pancakes." Brett and I took a close look at the them and sure enough there were a ton of ants all over the darn pancakes. Yummy! I looked at the syrup bottle and there they were, they all had drowned in the bottle. Brett said, "how did you miss that, Sara?" I have no idea. So my kids and the neighbor kid ate ants dipped in syrup, today. Good protein! I wish I would have gotten a picture. I guess I wont be getting Mother of The Year Award. Maybe next year!

13 comments:

Gatlin Gang said...

That's awesome! I just don't know what else to say. I'm sure your husband would have missed it too. Who looks at the syrup as they are quickly preparing plates for kids. In some countries you can order chocolate covered ants. There isn't much difference.

Davis' said...

I guess we all will be looking at the syrup a little closer now. That's pretty gross, but really who would have known.

Kathy Habel said...

Seriously! That is too funny!

Unknown said...

how funny is that....brett surely would've missed that one. who analyzes the syrup?

Dee said...

that's hilarious! I can't believe they went on eating them anyway! EW! SO funny.

Rebecca said...

now the real question...did YOU have any of those ant covered pancakes??

Sonja said...

Sarah,

This so sounds like something I would do! Good for you for sharing it with everyone else. I laughed outloud! A few ants never hurt any pancakes anyways :)

And I'm happy I found your new blog address. I still have your old one on mine and wondered if you still had one because this is no longer there. See how smart I am?

You're so great! I love your blog!

The Christensen's said...

That is hillarious!! I couldn't stop laughing!! I love when things like that happen!!

Anonymous said...

That is funny!

Missy said...

I see you're getting everyone ready for SURVIVOR!

Anonymous said...

What a cute family! You look like you are doing so great. I am so happy for you...Please keep in touch!

jon and kir said...

That is hilarious!!! Thanks for making my day with a good laugh!!

Christi said...

The pancake story is so awesome! Glad our "Girls' Nights" are up & running again!